Monday, March 3, 2008

RSS

Well here we are in week 4 of 2.0 already.
This week I signed up for RSS and created about 12 feeds to my login.
Some of my choices were : "about contemporary literature", "joke of the day", "the shifted librarian", "NYT book review", "Bloglines news" & "Washington Post book reviews".
For libraries I think RSS could be quiet useful. It would be great for promoting upcoming library events and features.
Also, things like book reviews & information on new collections could be all brought together using RSS.
From a work perspective I believe RSS could be handy for the simple fact you can eliminate a lot of the "garbage" news you receive on a regular basis & just concentrate on the really relevant stuff you may need for your specific role in the library ie. document delivery or cataloguing.

No comments: